Two day Workshop Finance for Non-finance Executives
In a scenario where the economic and social needs of the Indian subcontinent is ever changing, along with the changing environment of legal compliances, financial reporting and managing the funds of charitable organisations, the need for capacity building in the areas of financial management has become a matter of paramount importance.
The peculiarities of financial book keeping system and the preparation of proper financial statements to cater to the demands of changing legal requirements need to be also known by non-finance members to effectively use the resources and report the same properly and correctly. Ignorance of such aspects will not be excusable. Hence KKID - Coimbatore has specially designed this finance management course: “Finance for Non-Finance Executives” to build the capacities of ‘non-finance“ persons, especially members of the governing body as well as senior project staff of NGOs.
He is a much sought after resource person and has conducted several training programmes, seminars/workshops in Finance Management, FCRA, Taxation and other statutory requirements for various NGOs and religious institutions in different parts of India. For over a decade he has been a regular faculty at Karl Kübel Institute for Development Education at Coimbatore.
Objectives of the workshop:
- Become proficient in language and terminology while handling finances – communicate knowledgably with confidence.
- Develop the skills to prepare budgets and forecasts expenses for programmes and projects.
- Make informed, valuable contributions to discussions at different levels with expertise and a deeper understanding of financial reports.
- Develop the critical finance skills to accurately identify problems related to finance management.
This programme will focus on:
- Legal framework of NGOs (Trust, Society etc).
- Design of book keeping system & fund accounting techniques from the legal compliance requirements.
- Preparation of proper financial statements for appropriate reporting.
- System for internal control and accountability.
- Project budgeting & Budgetary control.
- Financial documentation & and reporting.
- Legal compliances with FCRA and IT.
- Updates on income tax and introduction to GST.
- Compliance requirements from the overall NGO perspective & also the concept perspective & project perspectives.
- Increasing accountability of the CAs with respect to auditing of NGOs.
- Reconciliation of FC4 figures with the NGO reporting to the Income Tax department.
Meet the Resource
C.A. VITTAL RAO LOKARE, is a Fellow Member of the “Institute of Chartered Accountants of India”, practicing in Bangalore. During the long career of nearly 30 years, he has been extending his services as an auditor to many religious and charitable organisations covered under Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010.
He is also the auditor for many International Resource Agencies like Basic Needs, UK,. Every Child, UK.- liaison office in India. He has done Financial Consultancy services to International NGO’s like Christian Aid, London UK, Bread for the World, Germany, Scottish Catholic International Aid Fund, Glasgow, Scotland, KNH and CBM, Germany. He has also undertaken many international assignments in Bangladesh, Nepal, Philippines and Sri Lanka for European Donors.
Who can Participate:
This programme is exclusively for Non-finance Staff of NGOs, Senior members and decision makers, as well as Governing body members and Heads of Institutions (who would like to refresh their understanding of finances), who need to have a fairly good knowledge of organisational finance and its management.
Cost, Payment and Registration:
Cost of programme is Rs.4.720 (incl. 18% GST). The cost includes food and accommodation for two days and one night as well as registration and training fees. Kindly make your own travel arrangements. All registrations should be done with advance payment, after getting confirmation from KKID.
Venue: Karl Kuebel Institute for Development Education, Mankarai, Coimbatore
Programm date: 13-14 August, 2019
Cut-off date for Registration: 2nd August 2019
For registration please use the online option or the enclosed file.
Data Protection Policy
Herewith I do agree that Karl Kübel Stiftung(KKS), Germany / Karl Kübel Institute (KKID), India uses my contact details for event organisation. My personal contact details such as name, address and email will only be used in the context of the given purpose as well as for information about the work of KKS / KKID. KKS / KKID will not transfer my data to third parties. In the framework of preparation of the event my contact details can only be handed over to co-initiators, if necessary.
The consent is voluntary and can be withdrawn in future at any time. In such case, please, send us an email to the following address: ez(at)kkstiftung.de. By practising your right of withdrawal we will delete your contact details immediately.